Tuesday 5 November 2013

Ain't this adorable




Good day

I hope I can get this posted, since we had a very big storm last week that hurt the telephone lines, so our internet is very slow and I still don't have a land line. I've printed this image last week and just didn't had time to finish it of before the deadline for a challenge. On Sunday I've finished it. The image is from Margy at Digistamp4Joy. Rhino's are currently an animal that will soon be extinct, because of the poachers killing them. Just in this year we had almost 700 killed....that gives you more than 2 a day. It is a very sad story, since the people, mainly in the East, buying it, think it is a sex stimulant, but it is the same substance than finger nails. I probably only sounds better to say we are drinking rhino horn than drinking nails.

Now, to my project. My animal print DP is from Safari Chic stack and normal to take 3 DP is a challenge by I had found this nice orange striped and texture carton in my stash and it complimented the image. Sentiment is from Desert Diva. I got these cute animal print buttons from Match up, but I had cut of the back loops to make it fit on the card.

Challenges I'm joining:
Digistamp4Joy #79 -3 x DP and 3 layers
365 Cards Day 303 - Starts with a R
C....for Challenge #9 - Buttons
Pile it on #44 - Animals with character
Digi Sketch Challenge: All for the animals (I've only taken the theme)
C.R.A.F.T Challenge #231 - For the boys
Crafts 4 Eternity R#148 - Sketch

Thank you and have a great day!
Olga

12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Dis stunning en so reg uit Afrika.
Mooi bly
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous, love it Olga.

Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

having a {me} day said...

This is so adorable! Love those cute rhinos. Thank you for joining us in our sketch challenge at c4e. keeley

Jackie C said...

Yes it is adorable, the card and the image :)
Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
Hugs, Jackie
Digistamps4Joy.DT
Member

ursula Uphof said...

Olga so beautiful. Just perfect to show the light of our Rhinos.
Thank you for joining our challenge at
Digistamps4Joy this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT member..groete

Cat's sCrap said...

Too cute ! Wonderful creation ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

michele said...

Great take on the sketch! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Desire Fourie said...

Back with my DT hat on:
This is a wonderful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘3 LAYERS + 3 DESIGN PAPERS’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...


Great work, thanks for sharing at Digi Sketch Challenge!

Elaine (DT) xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for the info on Rhinos! We appreciate you sharing with us at 365 Cards!

Unknown said...

Fabulous image, so touchy. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Great write up for awareness. Yes, it's a beautiful DS4J image and love how you have used it on your card, nice dps too. Thank you for playing along with us at DigiStamps4Joy and we hope to see you again.
Hugs,
Asmah
[DS4J DT Member]
[Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]