Tuesday 3 April 2012

In my sewing box.....



Good day!


Seasons are changing rapidly, here, down under. Last week when we spoke, it was still summer and this week it is about 10 degrees less. Not that I have a big problem with the cooler weather, but I don't like to have cold feet.

Today's inspiration was triggered by the Cupcake Craft Challenge #186 - Sewing box. In a few weeks time it will be mother's day in South Africa and my mother in law has a passion for sewing and as I went through all the challenges at Feline Playful, pink and cream and pastels came out. All colours to suite my mother in law. The digi is from Digi my World, called mannequindress. The corners and embossing is done with my cuttlebug. I've added lace, wool thread, metal thread in faux needle and buttons to it. The other embellies is left overs from a previous project and just added some xtra flair to the card. The sentiment is taken from Desert Diva. She's very sweet and can make any sentiment on request. Sure something to keep in mind. All papers is from my stash.

Other challenges I'm joining:

Quirky Craft Challenge #7 - Sketch
Sketchy Colours # 111 - Pink and Cream
Fashionista Challenge #1 - Anything goes for girls
Anything Goes #7 - Anything goes



Hope you have a lovely day and thank you for your visit.

Olga

11 comments:

Spyder said...

Olga I love your take on my sketch, I love those sewing embellishments! Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenge, hope to see you again! If the Linky is giving you trouble I have contacted InLinkz, don't worry you won't be forgotten!
(Lyn)

Rina said...

What a lovely mothers day card for a mom that sews!!! Love the colors and embossing!

Thanks for joining in at http://fashionistachallenge.blogspot.com/

DT Coordinator,

Rina

Donna said...

Sweet card Olga and so pretty in pink, the sewing embellies are perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Davi said...

I always love sewing theme cards and your is lovely with all the details! Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week :)

Caro said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

Lena Katrine said...

Great creation with lovely details! Thanks for joining us at SC this time - good luck, and have a Happy Easter!
Hugs, Lena Katrine

having a {me} day said...

I love your beautiful sewing themed card, with the lovely embellishments and the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Cucpake. keeley

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Gorgeous card - love that sewing embossing xx

Ann Marie Governale said...

Lovely card.. I am a "quilter" so your designs are close to my heart. Thanks for playing with us at Fashionista. Hope to see you there again. xxx Ann Marie

Suzanne said...

great card thank you for joining us at fashionista

cebelica said...

Very mice card. Thanks for playing with us at Fashionista challenge! Hugs! xx