Thursday 7 June 2012

Best 4x4 Dad by far


Sketch from Tuesday Morning sketches

Good day

I've started this card a bit in the middle. I saw the challenge at Craft your passion for chevrons and I really do not have any chevron papers in my stack. With my usual stop, out of curiosity, at a craft shop I found this paper that is called Outdoor tracks from Scrapsheet. Immediately it triggered my creativity. I'm married to a husband that loves the outdoors, to do some 4x4 routes is his escape to sanity. Unfortunately I do not have a 4x4 image, but I have found this Pick-up image from Beyond the Fringed. Carmen draw some very interesting digis from time to time. A bit out of the normal images. Then I saw the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, which I'm entering the first time, and thought this will make the recipe for the card. I've just turned it a bit. Found a sticker for the 4x4 and used some clear heat embossing on the sides and on the lights, to make it stand out. Coloured the windows with a silver and added some grey brads on the wheels. Then I distressed it with chestnut brown to give it a bit of muddy look. The corner ric rac brads was in blue and then I've just sprayed it with some bronze paint, to fit the colour scheme.The twine I've digged out of my stash.

Challenges I'm joining:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #149 - Sketch
Craft Your Passion # 113 - Chevron
Divas by Design #38 - Chocolate
Dutch Dare Challenge #168 - For Dad
Charisma Cardz #22 - Travel
Cards for Men #12 - For Dad
Truly Madly Crafty June Challenge - Monochromatic

Thank you and have a pleasant day!
Olga

13 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Olga,

Thanks for your participation. Magnificent car.
Fabulous tire tracks, I like !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge this week on the theme which I chose : travel.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Allison said...

cute card
thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Cheryl said...

Love all the details you added to that cute truck, and the dp is fab! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

Anonymous said...

What a great card.Love your colouring on the truck and what you did with the brads.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Hannelie said...

Baie kreatief! Oulik!

Dawn said...

So adorable! Love the truck image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Liliya said...

Fabulous card!! Thanks for sharing it with DDCC this week! xx Lilia DT

sandra's crafty corner said...

wow what an amazing card, thanks for joining us at dutch dare and cards for men ,
hugs sandra dt

Theresa said...

What a fun card!! Thank for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

Really cute! Love how you re-mixed the sketch. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Berit Synnøve said...

Great card.Love your image and colors. Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion Challenge this week.
Hugs Berit - GDT

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us this week at Divas.
Hugs
Jayne
x

Laney said...

Super card Olga! thanks for joining us at Diva's this time
hugs
laney